A Note form the Principal
We are excited to welcome back all students tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th! We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Winter Break. Below is some information that we hope you find helpful as we begin the second semester.
As you may already know, kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year begins at the end of this month. It is important that we have families register for kindergarten as early as possible so that we are able to retain and recruit the best teachers for your children. Please let your friends and family know that Woodglen is also accepting applications for students to choice into our school in kindergarten through 5th grade. The first choice window closes at the end of January.
We will be hosting two information opportunities to learn more about Woodglen next week. Please plan on attending one of these sessions if you are registering a student new to Woodglen next year. School tours will be provided at both events. These events are replacing the April kindergarten orientation we have provided in the past.
- New Family Information Night (grades K-5) Tuesday, January 14th 5:30-6:30 p.m. Refreshments and cookies will be served.
- Kindergarten Kick Off Wednesday, January 15th 8:00-9:30 a.m. Refreshments and muffins will be served.
One final note, we have had some reports that students are playing on the frozen pond in the park next to the school. Please be sure to talk with your children about the dangers with this. Iced over ponds in this area are never safe.
Matt Haviland, Principal
Welcome New Wildcats
We have the following informational events scheduled for families who may be interested in attending Woodglen next year and are either new to the area, have children starting kindergarten this fall, or do not live in our boundary and would like to attend our school. Woodglen is open for choice for the 2020/21 school year.
* Tuesday 1/14 New family information night (K-5) 5:30 - 6:30 pm - This is an informational night primarily for children who will be attending kindergarten in the fall 2020 or for families who would like to choice in to Woodglen.
* Wednesday 1/15 Kindergarten Kick off from 8 - 9:30 am. This event is for students who will be starting kindergarten in the fall of 2020. Meet the teachers, tour the school, enrollment information and a light snack will be provided.
Happy January! PTO would like to thank all of the families that attended our Breakfast with Santa event last month. This event would not be possible without the many volunteers that donate their time. Special thanks to Colorado State Patrol officers, Ms. Miranda, Woodglen teachers and staff, PTO members, and other volunteers for their help in making this event a success. We would also like to thank Mountain Range Student Government and Ms. Jane, Mr. Mark, and Ms. Corena for their help with set up and clean up.
Monday 1/13 PTO Community Meeting from 6 - 7pm - please come to hear about what PTO is working on and upcoming events.
*January WOW Assembly is scheduled for Friday, January 10th at 7:50 am.
*Monday 1/13 PTO Community Meeting from 6 - 7pm
* Thursday, 1/16 Spring Club Sign Up. Students can pick up information and permission forms in the lobby after school for the upcoming spring clubs.
* Friday, 1/17 Assessment Day: Not regular school day hours, please be sure you are aware of the time your child's assessment is scheduled, or contact your child's teacher to schedule a time.
*Monday 1/20 is Martin Luther King Day there is no school.