End of Year News
End of School Year Announcements
All Fifth Grade Families: Fifth Grade Continuation is this Thursday, May 23rd at 8:00 am.All fifth grade students should come to school at their regular time. All parents and families may enter the school through the front door and find a seat in the gym. Fifth grade will have refreshments following the program outside in front of the school, weather permitting.
All Kindergarten Families: Kindergarten Continuation is this Thursday, May 23rd at 9:45 am. EDKP and AM Kindergarten students will come to school at their regular time.PM Kindergarten students will need to arrive at 9:00 am. All parents and families may enter the school through the front door and find a seat in the gym after the Fifth Grade Continuation concludes. Kindergarten will have refreshments following the program outside of the kindergarten classrooms.
Dates to Remember
Back to School Night: Monday, August 12, 2019
First Day of School: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Assessment Day: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
IMPORTANT STAFFING INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
· Kindergarten: Jessica Yost was on a one year, temporary contract while Melissa Kooi was out on leave. While Melissa Kooi has elected to continue working closer to home, our current kindergarten enrollment numbers are too low to hire any additional teachers at this time. We are monitoring our kindergarten enrollment figures and plan on hiring any additional teachers later this summer.
· Second Grade: Colleen Ortega accepted a new position at Woodglen as our Social Emotional Learning Specialist. This position will focus on supporting the implementation of school wide initiatives related to social emotional learning. We will be sending out more information about these initiatives in the fall.
· Heather Espinosa will be moving from third grade to second grade to fill this opening.
· Third Grade: We are in the process of hiring for our third grade opening and will have more information to share with you in August.
· Fourth Grade: Kristin Schneider is relocating to Washington State over the summer. We have hired Evelynn Pyle to join our fourth grade team next year. She is moving back to Colorado this summer from Iowa where she recently completed her student teaching.
· Fifth Grade: We are adding a third round of fifth grade in an effort to maintain our current class sizes as our fourth grade students advance. We have hired Jordan Brown who is moving back to the Denver area from Cortez, Colorado where she has been teaching for the past few years.
· Erin Marquez has accepted a position with our Prevention/Intervention and Crisis Response team at the district level in Adams 12 where she will be able to support multiple schools throughout the year.
· Sheryl Doll accepted a position at Hulstrom K-8 for next year where she will be able to continue working part-time supporting students.
· Debra Smith, long time SSN paraeducator, has decided to retire at the end of this year.
Support Staff: Anita Mariotti, our part-time instructional coach, has accepted a full-time position at another district school. We are in the process of hiring for this position and will have more information to share in August.
Support Staff Additions:
· Ryan Heath, our new part-time ESL teacher, will begin his work with Woodglen and Malley Drive in the fall.
· We will also be adding a part-time interventionist to help support our students beginning this fall.
We appreciate all of the contributions that these amazing staff members have made to Woodglen over the years and wish them the very best in their next adventures! We know that they will be missed, but not forgotten.
We look forward to sharing more information about our outstanding hires with you in August. At this time, all of our other staff members are staying in their current positions and currently plan to return to Woodglen in the fall.
We hope you enjoy your summer and look forward to sharing more information with you in August!